It’s been an interesting year. We can all agree on that, right? What. A. Year. Maybe it’s time to pause and just think happily with humor about being grateful.
What am I grateful for? Lots.
- My iPad. Thank you Apple. I now have over 500 books that I carry with me every day. My purse is WAY lighter in recent years. Plus, I eat lunch at my desk and can read AND check email. I finish a book at midnight and one click another one…and it appears within moments on my iPad. My level of joy is unparalleled by the late night one click. So grateful.
- Authors. They take me to fantastic worlds, make me happy when I’ve had a hard day, introduce me to new ideas, provide some…ummm…romantic inspiration when needed, and they’re nice. Really nice. I love this community. I’ve met some pretty famous people in my day job…but nothing…nothing…compares to what I feel when I interact with a beloved author. I’m still that silly fangirl at heart.
- This bookshelf. I am grateful I found this photo and desperately hope my hubs will build it for me in our new house. Pretty please.
- The Wordswag app. If you don’t know about this magical life changing app, crawl out of your cave, get to iTunes now and download it.
- Twitter. Yes, Twitter. I’m addicted. It’s a newsfeed, it’s a soapbox, it’s live. I love the challenge of a short update. There are so many writers, readers and bloggers on Twitter. A huge group of word lovers, just throwing out pithy, funny, tweets.
- The Arcana Chronicles. Throne of Glass. Red Queen. Anything Elle Kennedy writes, Sarina Bowen, Jessica Peterson, Nalini Singh, Alessandra Torre, Juliette Cross, Molly O’Keefe, Kristen Callihan, Karen Marie Moning, and soooo many more.
- 2017! So many books to read. King’s Cage, Shadow’s Seduction, Dating You-Hating You, A Court of Wings and Ruin, Feversong, Into the Fire…just to name a few.
- Joe Biden and Obama memes. Who started these? They deserve a round of applause and a bottle of wine for their brilliance.
- The readers, fans, writers and authors who visit Booknista.com. Thank you! I’m grateful that you find something you love about what we do. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving in the US. Find a quiet place to read, be nice to your family, enjoy your friends, eat lots of yummy food.