Allow me a moment to fangirl… I love Tijan and was SO thrilled when she agreed to answer my totally random, fun interview questions. She even added in a couple of exclusive teasers! Woo hoo!
Let’s get started, shall we?
1. How did you settle on just being Tijan?
I posted online for free at fictionpress.com and it was a popular thing to do there. Some other authors would pick one name that started with the same letter as their real name so I picked Tijan because I thought it sounded pretty. When I first started to self-publish, I did use a more professional name, but my readers didn’t follow me. Once I published it under Tijan, they did. I’ve kept it ever since.
2. Favorite book you’ve written so far?
Fallen Crest High or any of the Chen books (which are retired)
3. Books you personally like to read. Name your top 3.
Harry Potter, any JD Robb book, and any Jennifer Armentrout book.
4. Do you have a secret skill or talent that not many people know about?
I can draw okayish…so I’m not sure if that’s a skill or not. Lol!
5. Best date ever?
Driving around and looking at holiday decorations with my significant other.
6. Worst date ever?
Oh boy! It was a Saturday night, snowing, a lot of the restaurants would be full and I didn’t want to spend a ton of time with the guy so I suggested a place that I heard about from a friend that day. I didn’t think it’d be too busy. I had never been there and I was right. It wasn’t busy…because it was a glorified fast food place. The guy joked we could go to McDonald’s for the next day. Lol!
7. Favorite movie?
Elf <— always makes me laugh!
8. What are you watching on Netfllix?
Nothing. I don’t have Netflix….yet…. (What? How can this be, Tijan? We must talk.)
9. Do you have a nickname?
I have a lot, but they’re all super embarrassing. Any time I spend a little bit of time with someone, they usually end up giving me a nickname. I don’t know why, but I’ll go with the most generic one right now. KA Robinson always just calls me T.
10. Imagine you’re VERY, VERY rich. Pick your dream vacation spot!
Either my own island with all the amenities OR a mansion in the mountains and right next to a river.
11. When you’re in the car alone what songs do you sing out loud?
Anything I know. Lol!
12. If you’re weren’t an author what would you be doing?
Counseling or something in the medical field. Who knows, though. That’s what I would be doing if I had never become an author. Now, if I went back into the workforce after being an author, I’d probably do something with websites or go to school to learn how to code.
13. You get a huge gift card for your birthday, what store is it for?
Either a coffee place or a pet store!
14. Wine, beer or fancy drinks?
15. Favorite actor or actress?
16. Who would play you in a movie?
Um….I’d like to think Jennifer Lawrence! That’d be awesome.
17. Favorite food?
Oh man– pasta in general, but I don’t eat it that often…Now I want to.
18. Your date picks you up, they have their best outfit on…what are they wearing?
Nice jeans and a shirt. I’m not picky or fancy.
19. Where do you do your writing and what time of day is your golden hour?
No golden hour. I write at all times of the day. I used to get more done in the mornings, but that switched and now it’s just all over. I write either in my office or at coffee shops. A change of scenery will sometimes help get the creative energy going again.
20. What’s your Starbucks order?
A sugar-free caramel latte, and usually the tallest I can get. :)!